The Admissions Process at Victory Academy (Victory) is a series of conversations, information gathering, data collection, and observations conducted by the Victory Admissions Team. The goal is to best understand the individual needs of each applicant and the applicant’s family. During this process, the Victory Admissions Team strives to listen and learn more about the applicant student, including her/his strengths and challenges. The Team also wants to know more about the family’s short and long-term goals.
Admission to Victory is based on space(s) available in the 10 existing elementary, middle, and high classrooms, in addition to careful consideration of the following:
- Whether Victory can support development in the applicant
- A match between Victory’s and an Applicant Family’s philosophy of educating a child with Autism and related learning differences, AND
- Class dynamics between the group of applicants and current student population
For the 2022-2023 school year, we anticipate a maximum of 10 open spaces, distributed throughout various classrooms.
Steps in the Process
- The admission process starts with thoroughly reading through the school's website, calling Victory to ask clarifying questions, and attending the March 6, 2022 Virtual Open House and Tour. *Please note: Due to current health and safety requirements, Victory is not able to offer public tours of the school and campus.
- The 2022-2023 first deadline for consideration is Friday, April 15, 2022.
- After thoughtful review of an individual application, the Victory Admissions Team may ask to schedule a time to observe an applicant at Victory during a regular school day.
- Parents may also be asked to participate in a family interview, as Victory seeks to work with families who share similar educational and therapeutic philosophies.
- If, after review of a student's application and conducting a student observation and family interview, the Victory Admissions Team believes the school can support an individual student's gifts and challenges, an offer of admission will be made. Offers are typically made no later than May 31st of any given year.
Elements of the Admissions Process
- Review the website
- Completion of Admissions Materials, including detailed Application, Application Fee ($175), and Related Documents
- Additional observations may be conducted in your student's current classroom, at Victory, or in an applicant’s home
- Family Interview
- Videotapes and reports from other professionals may be requested by the Victory Admissions Team during the Admissions Process