Victory Academy (Victory) is Oregon's only dedicated year-round private school, serving Oregon's children, teens, and young adults affected by Autism. Victory is accredited through cognia™ and approved by the Oregon Department of Education.
For the upcoming 2021-2022 school year, Victory will serve over 75 students with Autism (age 7/elementary through age 21/high school). Victory's high school program offers both modified and regular diplomas.
Victory is the first school of its kind in the Greater Portland Metro Area to offer a comprehensive educational and therapeutic program to children affected by Autism. Specifically, Victory provides students with a customized academic plan, integrating innovative strategies into every learning task. The school is unique from the public school settings, as Victory offers year-round school at 7 hours per day and low student to teacher ratio (approximately 1:3).
In addition to its robust academic programs focusing on language arts (reading, writing, and listening), math, social studies, and science, Victory is proud to offer additional therapies and courses, specifically designed to meet the learning profiles of students with Autism. These include: Applied behavior analysis, adapted physical education, art, alternative and augmentative communication, choir, community based instruction, drama, fine and gross motor development/occupational therapy and physical therapy, gaming, fitness, peer mentors, recreation, rock band, sensory integration, social cognition, social skills groups, speech and language, transition services, and work experience.
Currently, there is no other model like this in Oregon.
Victory believes that all students affected by Autism can reach their fullest potential through an education based in both structure and playful engagement. Each child's particular strengths and challenges are constantly assessed to direct the child's teachers in selecting best practice teaching methodologies for the individual child. Moreover, Victory maintains that all students learn with greater ease when their natural interests and affinities are honored throughout the school day.
- Serving children and teens affected by Autism (age 7-21)
- Year-round school (students have 7 weeks off dispersed throughout the 12 month school year)
- Staff members continue to participate in targeted professional development
- Full-day program (7 hours per day)
- Student-to-adult ratio is approximately 3:1
- Located in Sherwood, Oregon, conveniently off of Interstate 5, serving Clackamas, Clark, Multnomah, Marion, Polk, Washington, and Yamhill counties
- Victory is in its 13th year of operation
- Victory is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3), and fundraising events and donations support specialized programs, therapies, and curriculum
I hope you will read through the website and "experience" Victory. Please call or email if you have questions.
Founder and Director of School