Victory Academy (Victory) is Oregon's only dedicated year-round private school, serving Oregon's children, teens, and young adults affected by Autism and related learning differences. Victory is accredited through cognia™ and approved by the Oregon Department of Education.
For the upcoming 2023-2024 school year, Victory will serve approximately 80 students. Victory's five-year high school program offers both modified and regular diplomas. In addition, Victory offers a robust post-graduation program, SOAR!, to the school's graduates.
Victory is the first school of its kind in the Greater Portland Metro Area to offer a comprehensive educational and therapeutic program to students with Autism and related learning differences. Specifically, Victory provides students with a customized academic plan, integrating innovative strategies into every learning task. The school is unique from the public school settings, as Victory operates as a year-round school, seven hours per day, with low student to teacher ratios (approximately 1:3).
In addition to its robust academic programs focusing on health, language arts (reading, writing, and listening), math, social studies, and science, Victory is proud to offer additional therapies and courses, specifically designed to meet varied learning profiles. These offerings include: Applied behavior analysis, adapted physical education, art, alternative and augmentative communication, choir, community based instruction, drama, fine and gross motor development/occupational therapy and physical therapy, fitness, gaming, health, peer mentors, piano, project-based learning, recreation, sensory integration, social cognition, social skills groups, speech and language, transition services, ukulele, wellness, and work experience.
Currently, there is no other model like this in Oregon.
Victory believes that all students can reach their fullest potential through an education based in both structure and playful engagement. Each child's particular strengths and challenges are constantly assessed to direct the child's teachers and specialists in selecting best practice teaching methodologies for the individual child. Moreover, Victory maintains that all students learn with greater ease when their natural interests and affinities are honored throughout the school day.
- Serving children, teens, and young adults with Autism and related learning differences
- Year-round school (students have seven weeks off dispersed throughout the 12 month school year)
- Staff members continue to participate in targeted professional development
- Full-day program (seven hours per day)
- Student-to-adult ratio is approximately 3:1
- Located in Sherwood, Oregon, conveniently off of Interstate 5, serving Clackamas, Clark, Multnomah, Marion, Polk, Washington, and Yamhill counties
- Victory will be in its 15th year of operation during the 2023-2024 school year
- Victory is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3), and fundraising events and donations support specialized programs, therapies, and curriculum