Victory Academy (Victory) is Oregon's only dedicated year-round private school, serving Oregon's children and teens affected by Autism. Victory is accredited through AdvancEd and approved by the Oregon Department of Education.
For the upcoming 2020-2021 school year, Victory will serve over 75 students with Autism (age 5/elementary through age 20/High School Program). Victory's high school program offers both modified and regular diplomas; each are five-year programs.
Victory is the first school of its kind in the Greater Portland Metro Area to offer a comprehensive educational and therapeutic program to children affected by Autism. Specifically, Victory provides students with a customized academic plan, integrating innovative strategies into every learning task. The school is unique from the public school settings, as Victory offers year-round school at 7 hours per day and low student to teacher ratio (approximately 1:3).
In addition to its robust academic programs focusing on language arts (reading, writing, and listening), math, social studies, and science, Victory is proud to offer additional therapies and innovative courses, specifically designed to meet the learning profiles of students with Autism. These include: Applied behavior analysis, adapted physical education, art, alternative and augmentative communication, choir, community based instruction, drama, fine and gross motor development/occupational therapy and physical therapy, fitness, musical theater, peer mentors, recreation, rock band, sensory integration, social cognition, social skills groups, speech and language, transition services, and work experience.
Currently, there is no other model like this in Oregon.
Victory believes that all students affected by Autism can reach their fullest potential through an education based in both structure and playful engagement. Each child's particular strengths and challenges are constantly assessed to direct the child's teachers in selecting best practice teaching methodologies for the individual child. Moreover, Victory maintains that all students learn with greater ease when their natural interests and affinities are honored throughout the school day.
- Serving children and teens affected by Autism (age 4-20)
- Year-round school (students have 7 weeks off dispersed throughout the 12 month school year)
- Staff members are highly trained and continue to participate in targeted professional development
- Full-day program (7 hours per day)
- Drop off at 8:30 a.m. and pick up by 3:45 p.m.
- A robust After School Program, including therapies, sports, and classes
- Student-to-adult ratio is approximately 3:1
- Non-Profit: Fundraising events support the hiring of on-site specialists and specialized curriculum
- Located in Sherwood, Oregon, conveniently off of Interstate 5, serving Clackamas, Clark, Multnomah, Marion, Polk, Washington, and Yamhill counties
- The new Victory Campus opened in September 2015
- Victory is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3), approved by the Oregon Department of Education and accredited through AdvancEd.
I invite you to read through the website and "experience" Victory. Please call or email if you have questions.
Founder and Director of School